Consumer Affairs Conflict Resolution
If user or consumer rights are breached, the first step is submit a claim to the supplier of the goods or services, completing, if necessary, the corresponding complaints sheet which all suppliers should have at the disposal of their customers. If the supplier does not address your claim, you can submit a claim to try to repair the damages, through any of the following institutions:
- Municipal Consumer Information Offices, found in several Town Councils.
- Directorate General for Consumer Affairs of the Regional Communities.
- Consumer and User Associations
- Consumer Arbitration Courts.
- Adherence to the Arbitration System for Consumer Affairs
Or, the Courts of Justice